Monday, March 7, 2011

Something Vintage

Today I was in search for something vintage - I soon found that the best place to look is my parents bedroom.  Mom has so many interesting old things in there...I spent a large bit of time up there taking pictures. :)  Though I am only posting pictures of the thread spools and money, there were cameos, necklaces, a brush and other bits and pieces.  

First, I was delighted to find these old thread spools.






Mom believes these were used in factories.  Aren't they neat?



 This dime is either from 1898 or 1899 - I couldn't tell

These two are dollar coins, and there is 99 years difference between the two.

Ever wonder, How many fingers have touched that old coin - and who were they? 

5 comments:

Julia said...

These are awesome! I love the ones of the thread spools- so vintage!

{Julia}

Candace McClintick said...

love those spools! what a neat find-and great shots!

Amera said...

Hello! I was just blog visiting today when I came across yours. I like photography too, but haven't had much inspiration lately. although now I think I'll look around my house again for new ideas, since yours have turned out beautifully:) I haven't been posting my own pictures on my own blog, but maybe I should reconsider that, too. enjoy your camera!

PsychMamma said...

Love all of these, but the spools are my favorites! Great shots!

Sarah Barrett said...

Very cool, the pictures are quite interesting. :) Good Job! And maybe, I was looking at the dime and is it from 1892? it just looked like a two to me. :)
Sarah