Monday, September 12, 2011

Canning Peaches

::Canning::
It was something I had never experienced, never knew much about,  but always wanted to try.
When I asked mom about it, she said she didn't like canning because it takes out all (or at least a lot) of the nutrients.  She gave little hope that we would one day start canning. 
One day however, Mom mentioned my desire to a lady at church...who then told me that I needed to come help her can. 
So that is exactly what I did. A week later I went to her house and we canned peaches all afternoon. I had a splendid time, and learned a lot!
After that canning session, Mom decided it would be okay to can some peaches for ourselves. :)
I was quite thrilled as we started our own peaches.  Now, we have two patches of peaches sitting in our basement, waiting for winter to come so that we may indulge ourselves in them.  :)
P.S. I've never actually had (homemade) canned peaches.  I hear they are amazing...so can't wait to try them. 

2 comments:

Missy said...

The third picture looks sooooo dilicioso! :D

Missy said...

oops - I meant the 4th pic! :/ :D