Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm Thankful For...

 God - He is WONDERFUL! And He is Alpha and Omega!

Jesus Christ - who took the penalty for my sin that I might live forever with/for him! 

The Holy Spirit - who directs me and tells me what I've done wrong.
Rain - without it there would be no green grass and no brightly colored flowers.  Without it, we would eventually die of hunger and thirst. 
Food - that comes from the seeds that grow up out of the ground.
  
God's Word - that directs us to Jesus Christ and is full of truth. 


Children - for they make this world so fun!

 Mom and Dad - they usually do know what's best. 

My siblings - they've taught me so much.  
photo taken by my mom
My church family - they are so encouraging and fun and wonderful

 My pastor - I've learned so much from him

 Brightly colored leaves - aren't they beautiful?

 Changing seasons - this way, we can't get bored with one everlasting season

 Detailed flowers - one of my main subjects to take pictures of

 Trees - these are the huge things that brightly colored leaves grow on

 Dirt - especially in the spring

 Green grass - so soft, so cool, so green


 Animals - some are cute and cuddly, others fierce and bold, others still are frightened and enormous.  Most all are beautiful

 Music - you would agree that this stuff is amazing, right?

 Friends - I don't suppose I could go on without them, or at least it seems that way

 Running water - oh goodness, what a blessing

 Heating/AC - must I explain why I'm thankful for this? It gets subzero around here at times...

 Electricity - though this often prohibits our walk with God.

My dad's job - which provides for all that we have. 

Hair brushes - :) 

Eye sight - I once blindfolded myself for an evening to see how it was.  It was hard.



Hearing - thankful to be able to listen to birds songs, water dripping, and popping campfires. 

Good health - not something I should ever take for granted! 

Creation in one week - My God is amazing to have created this universe and all that's in it in 6 days.

America - and the freedoms we possess.

Snow - it is so fun to play in and so beautiful! 

Cameras - to capture that special moment! 

God's gift of salvation - Jesus gave his life for me! 


Genesis - this goes along with creation (above). 

The ability to be homeschooled - school in PJ's, school with food, school in bed... 

The blue sky - such a deep and clear blue today. 

The sun - summer, heat, sunsets, sunstars and sunflares...etc. 

Clouds - to give shade when the sun gets too hot. 

Cousins - "...are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends."   

The ability to run - this is fun! 

Children - wait, did I already mention this one? 

The fellowship of Christian friends - so very heart warming. 

Candles - they make me happy. :D 

School - ...did I really just say that? 

Missionaries - all of them. 

Christmas - Christ's birth into our world. 

Sports - volleyball and soccer... 

Answers In Genesis - I love their magazine - it's sooo interesting.

Rainbows - and the promise that comes with it.  

That God never changes - therefore what He says will happen, will happen. 

Stars - and to think that God has a name for each one! Psalm 147:4 
Image Detail
 photo via google
Our solar system - and the whole universe...talk about awesome! 

School teachers - yes, they are nice to have. 

The wisdom of our elders - (and Proverbs) sometimes you want to rebel, but it's amazing to realize that they've gone through all that we have before and know what's best.  

Instruments/voices - oh the beautiful melodies they make! 

The soldiers - who have fought/are fighting for our freedom. 

Birthdays - they make me happy :D 

My followers - for all of you, 17 followers isn't very much at all.  But I'm completely amazed and grateful for every one of you. 
 _____________________


I think that since I made this list, you ought to be able to share at least one thing you are thankful for.  I would really love to read what you have to say.  I guess you could say I would be ever so thankful! :)

3 comments:

Marianela said...

Great list, Christina! :) One of the things that I'm thankful for is my Nikon D3100 camera.

If you want, you can check out a post that I did on what I'm thankful for this year.

http://desiringgodsdesires.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-im-thankful-for-this-season.html

Hope you have a great day! :)

Missy said...

Family & christian friends!

Deanna said...

Amen to that! All of that! I'm thankful for God's love and grace, and that not only does he save us, but he sustains us too! And that little note you wrote me in my album that said that you're thankful for a cousin who loves the Lord?-right. back. at. you. from the very bottom of my heart! My heart is burdened for the cousins that aren't walking with Him. But they also continually remind me of the blessings of those who do. I love you soooo much!