Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mulberry Pies

It's summer.  Finally.  It's was actually 90 degrees today!  This whole week I've been able to walk out to our backyard and pick a handful of mulberries.  I had been wanting to make a mulberry pie but there just wasn't enough.  But then we spotted a mulberry tree at my violin teachers house.  We were able to go pick enough for a pie and 3 large pockets!  I was quite happy and went home and made that pie. :)  

This is our little mulberry tree.  My teachers tree is huge and loaded with berries!   

So, you can laugh at my pie making skills...even though I love to bake and cook, I haven't made pies often at all.  I haven't much experience, but I hope to get some more in.  
 
Me and my pie...haha! :)

{1. This post was written last week, when I wasn't able to upload any pictures.  2. Mom and I had a photo session at the lake.  Go to her blog to see the pictures}

6 comments:

Bethany said...

WOW! I'm impressed!! I am also very jealous! I love pie, but I can't make them! :(

missy said...

what a beautiful pie! :)

Carli said...

The pie is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your pie looks amazing!!! I love the little flowers you put on the edges and center!!!

Ollyce

Sarah Barrett said...

Laugh?!?!? I love your pie! Never thought to put flowers on it though. It looks so yummy!!!

Mazzou said...

Hello!
I saw that you list ‘’Pendragon : Sword of His Father’’ as one of your favorite movies! Same for us! In fact, we are great friends with the makers/actors of the film; and we were able to be in a couple of the film shoots! I thought you might be interested in seeing my pictures of Pendragon filming and such! I just posted about our Pendragon experience….and more posts will be coming, with plenty of neat pictures! Visit my blog here : http : //mazzoumemories.blogspot.com Comment and tell us what your fav. scene and/or characters are in Pendragon!