Do you not agree with me in that thunder storms are wonderful?!
Lately it's been raining quite a decent amount, however there haven't been too many storms until this evening. We were sitting down for dinner when we could hear the distant rumbling and the dark clouds rolling in. Not long after (like several minutes later) it began to softly rain. The thunder grew louder and I think I saw a flash of lightening and then when nearing the end of our meal we began to see "white things" (a.k.a. "hail") dropping from the sky. They were about the size of a nickel - bigger than what I've seen for years. The storm then rolled right away leaving a brilliant sunshine and the most gorgeous clouds. I scrambled outside for some pictures. Thunder storms always excite me - actually, any storm excites me. I am also the most content to lay in bed at night when there's a storm outside. And when I wake up to a storm, I try not to fall asleep simply so that I can hear the pounding rain, wind and thunder but most of all to catch each and every flash of lightning.
They show how powerful our God is. It's amazing how that thunder storms seem so massive and powerful - but really it is absolutely nothing compared to His real power.
{Here is a bit that I read on "Pastor's Girl's Ponderings". Almost like she was writing about me.}
She awoke with a start, listening to the rustling of the wind outside her window, the steady drum of rain on the roof, the rumble of distant thunder. Although she could not see them, she knew that the ominous black clouds were moving closer. Smiling, she leaned back, for she loved storms such as these. Turned onto her side, she was content to just listen to the steady rhythm of the raindrops. Her bedroom was bathed in bright flashes of light, and the roil of thunder soon grew louder. Nestled deep into her sheets, her eyelids began to droop complacently until she fell back into slumber.
the rain, by carlotta cisternas



1 comment:
It was beautiful! Lovely pictures! :)
Post a Comment